Marnie Grant D.D.S. Caring Family Dentistry
740 S. Emerick Ypsilanti MI 48198 US
More and more kids are playing sports and trying to maintain active lifestyles. A downside to your child being athletic is that they run the potential of a sports-related injury. The good news is that some mouth and head injuries can be prevented if your child wears a sports guard while they are participating in their activity.
What are some reasons why your athletic child should wear a sports guard during
* Prevent teeth from being knocked out
* May help to prevent a concussion
* Can prevent injuries to your child’s jaw
* Prevent teeth from chipping or cracking
* Protects soft tissues inside your child’s mouth
Our recommendation is a mouth guard should be worn, even if they're not required. Call our office to schedule an appointment 734-482-8671.